Almotamar.net - The Yemeni parliament on Wednesday made it obligatory on the government and the armed forces and security to shoulder their constitutional responsibility in ending the rebellion quickly and to secure citizens and the public and private properties in the province of Saada if the elements of rebellion and terror would not commit themselves to the conditions declared by the government immediately.
In its meeting on Wednesday the parliament entrusted the government with bearing the responsibility for the migrants in camps and providing means of respectable and safe living for them in coordination with the civil society organizations and the regional and international organisations.
The parliament also obliged the government not to grant licenses for importing weapons, ammunition and explosives except that pertaining to needs of the armed forces and security and to rectify all security failures al over the provinces of Yemen and to resent a detailed report to the parliament on the situation every two weeks.
Meanwhile, the deputy premier for defense and security affairs Dr Rashad al-Alimi said leadership of the state and the government have exhausted all peaceful ways in dealing with the Houthis, emphasizing that following the decision of the President of the republic on stopping the previous war on 17 July last year, mediation committees were formed for carrying out ten points which the Houthis accepted provided that they would be a basis for establishment of peace in the province of Saada. As a result of that government military units withdrew from many positions and authorities reconstructed 50% of what the war had destroyed. But, al-Alimi added that the Houthis expelled the local authorities despite that about 40% members were from them , they blocked roads, displaced thousands of families , kidnapped 111 persons , killed 92 persons and injured 224, plundered 45 of private properties apart from plundering and blasting 21 government installations and plundered all the hospitals in Matara and Nafaa , where the rebels concentrate.
During his attending the parliament, al-Alimi pointed out that the Supreme Security Committee announced on 12 of last August six points that are in fact commitments of every Yemeni citizen including the release of the kidnapped, coming down from the mountains, removing landmines and returning the plundered things, but the Houthis compelled the state to perform its constitutional duties because the rebels committed more of acts of destruction.
A Saudi aggression fighter jet targeted a citizen's car driving in Fara area of Kutaf district in Saada province overnight, killing the driver and injuring his friend, a security official said on Monday.
Scores of Saudi enemy soldiers were killed and injured on Sunday when the army and popular forces repelled a Saudi military attempt to sneak into Shurfah site in the border province of Najran, a military official said.
The operation was accomplished successfully against the Saudi
Saudi aggression warplanes have launched more than 49 airstrikes over the past hours on several residential areas across Yemen, a security official said on Sunday.
The airstrikes targeted the areas of Malahiz and Husama in Dhahir district, and areas Thuban, Masahif and Sdad in Bakim district of northern Saada province.