Almotamar.net, Saba - President Ali Abdullah Saleh has given the Houthi rebels in the restive region of Saada a final chance to unconditionally come back to the right path and stop more destruction.
In his address to the nation on the arrival of the Holy Month of Ramadan, President Saleh affirmed the government's keenness to prevent further bloodshed and to achieve unconditional peace, speaking to the rebels: " You have enough time over the next few days to consider our proposal and come back to be like other citizens."
He suggested the rebels stick to the following to establish peace in the region:
- Full withdrawal from all Saada districts and eliminating all checkpoints from all roads.
- Coming down from mountain peaks and ending banditry and sabotaging.
- Giving back all military and public equipment seized during battles with the troops.
- Establishing the fate of six foreigners, a German family comprising of parents and three children and a Briton, who all available information suggest were kidnapped by the rebels in June.
- Handing over kidnapped Saada locals.
- Stopping interference in the local government's responsibilities.
If our proposal is accepted, the government would be responsible for reconstructing all the war-damaged areas as well as paving the way for comprehensive development throughout Saada as soon as possible, President Saleh said.
Saleh, however, warned the Houthi followers against continuing rebellion and lawbreaking, saying the security forces will face sabotaging and rebellion strictly and with available capabilities.
The security forces will never allow anyone of those conspiring on the nation to achieve their sick schemes and will continue to monitor the situation around the clock to establish the public security and make mincemeat of plotters, Saleh said.